Have you become less active in recent years? It\’s important to remain physically active in order to stay as healthy as possible. It isn\’t always easy to stay active, especially if you\’re already struggling with limited mobility. There are several easy ways to increase your activity level that most people can include in their daily routine. Call Dynamic Health Physical Therapy today for more information about how you can increase your activity level and live a healthier life.
What are 7 Easy Ways to Increase Your Activity?
The following are seven ways to easily add more activity to your daily life.
- Get a Dog – Getting a dog can keep you active and provide numerous health benefits. If you already have a dog make sure you\’re walking your furry friend on a daily basis. The Mayo Clinic suggests borrowing a dog if you don\’t have one.
- Ride a Bike – If you live in a rural area there should be lots of open space to take regular bike rides. Many suburban and urban areas are putting in bike trails and paths. Bike riding is a fun and easy way to get a good workout.
- Take the Stairs – This could potentially make a big difference in your overall activity level. If you live in an apartment building or work in a high-rise you have the opportunity to get a workout on a daily basis. Even if you only have a few flights to go, it can make a difference over time.
- Use a Push Mower – Using a push mower is a great way to get an often unpleasant chore accomplished while getting in your daily exercise.
- Stand More – If you work in front of a computer for most of the day consider getting a standing desk that enables you to stand while you work.
- Sit on the floor – Whether you\’re watching television, folding laundry, or enjoying a good book, sitting on the floor like a kid can increase your activity level. You\’ll find that you naturally stretch and move more while sitting on the floor.
- Park Farther Away – Most people make trips to the grocery, shopping mall, and run other errands several times a week. Parking as far from the entrance as possible provides opportunities for extra walking.
Causes and Symptoms of Inactivity
Causes of inactivity could include everything from a busy schedule to a physical condition that\’s keeping you inactive. If you don\’t stay active enough you may struggle with weak muscle tone and aching joints. According to the Arthritis Foundation, the more inactive you are, the more easily you\’ll get tired. There are several other physical issues and conditions associated with inactivity.
- Poor Blood Circulation
- Increased Inflammation
- Weakened Bones
- Hormonal Imbalance
How Physical Therapy Helps
If you\’re suffering from symptoms of an inactive lifestyle, physical therapy can help. A physical therapist can help you by providing manual therapies that can increase your flexibility and improve range of motion. An experienced therapist can also give you simple exercises you can do at home. A physical therapy program can be created that addresses your individual needs.
It\’s important to stay as active as possible to keep your muscles, tendons, and joints flexible and moving without pain and stiffness. You\’ll want to add some type of exercise to your daily routine to keep moving. Working with a trained physical therapist can also help you stay as fit and healthy as possible. Contact Dynamic Health Physical Therapy today to find out how we can help.