Initial Visit: What to Expect
Before Your First Visit
- Make a list of questions that you have to discuss on your first visit.
- Fill out new patient paperwork.
- Please call our office to verify your insurance benefits.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.
- Bring your insurance card and driver’s license or photo ID.
- Wear comfortable clothes
What to Expect on Your First Visit
- You will register with our friendly front office staff. They will help you navigate the insurance process and pre-treatment program so you can focus on your recovery.
- You will meet with your physical therapist for the initial evaluation.
- During the evaluation, your physical therapist will ask questions about your medical history, current pain, or injury. Open communication helps us understand your problem.
- Your physical therapist will evaluate your total body and problem areas in order to devise a full treatment plan.
- Your physical therapist will recommend and prepare a course of treatment to ensure a quick recovery and best results. Your physical therapist will discuss the treatment plan and recommendations with you.
- There will be treatment performed the first day to get you started on your road to recovery.
- Please schedule a series of visits with the front desk as we tend to book up rather quickly, but we will do our best to find convenient times for you. The frequency and duration of therapy needed will be discussed on the first visit.
- Your physical therapist will write up their assessment and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician and insurance company if needed.
- If you have any questions at any time, please don’t hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.